Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

gvideochat

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

Sorry, devoted fans - I know I haven't posted since Thursday, and it's not as if I didn't have time, since I watched 2 1/2 movies (Doubt, The Visitor and Th Bi Lebo), 2 episodes of Lost, and 1 episode of 30 Rock, The Office and Arrested Development this weekend, among other time-wasting activities (notably, sleeping). But I have been very busy - besides little snippets of homework and errands here and there, I'm building my professional portfolio for a job fair next weekend, and this is a grand undertaking, especially since I'm aspiring to create a corresponding ePortfolio in the format of a webpage. I'm not 1/4 of the way there, and I want to finish it by tomorrow morning... bleh.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get back to full-time blogging soon, but in the meanwhile, I'll just tell you that I installed voice/video chat on gchat today, and used it for the first time with my newly-arrived-in-California parents. It's very simple and easy to use, high quality, and as far as I'm concerned makes Skype obsolete. (Of course, Skype can do other things like computer to phone, but I never use that sort of thing, hence the "as far as I'm concerned"). Google just introduced this feature last week, which is why you haven't heard of it, and it should grow quickly. Obviously, the person you're talking to needs to have gmail, but everyone has gmail, and if you don't you suck, so there. Ok Dave out.

No comments:

Post a Comment