Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Glasses

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

You may remember from Me Being an Idiot Part One that I lost my glasses on New Year's Eve. Well, my vision is pretty good, so getting a new pair hasn't been particularly high on my priority list. But I finally got around to it this morning - I planned to go to a generic Hakim Optical type of place that I know exists near the Rideau Center, but while walking through the university center I stumbled upon a quaint little campus-affiliated glasses service. Well, as I found out, all U of O students get a $100 glasses credit every year, so my new pair will only cost me $40, and I could have had a crappier pair for $10. These glasses aren't on the same quality level as the optometrist glasses I'm used to, but seriously.... $10 for a decent pair of glasses is a good deal. I urge anyone at U of O with glasses to take advantage of this situation. Want a back-up pair just in case? Want to try a different look? Need to spice up your sex life? Interested in discovering what glasses taste like? Once again.... ten bucks.

1 comment:

  1. omfux seriously?
    I'm so taking advantage of that. Thanks for the tip!!!!!
    -Rad

    ReplyDelete