Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Best Albums of the Year

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

Just to be clear, this isn't my personal list of the best albums of the year, because I don't follow current music closely enough to put out such a list. I probably couldn't even fill a top 10. But I started following music a lot more closely in the fall (I'll explain why in future posts), and that newfound interest taken in combination with my affinity for rankings led to my taking an interest in the various year-end rankings put out by magazines and other publications. If you know me well, you'll know what's coming next: I made a spreadsheet combining several of these rankings. This is the first of the spreadsheets promised in the inauguration of the blog.

By the way, of course I meant to publish this shortly after 2008 ended, but better late than never. (Also, I'm 2 posts behind my daily schedule, and this is an easy one to whip off.)

Anyway, here it is.

Notes:
  • column "d" is nothing, and I can't remember why it's there. Deal with it.
  • No idea why 5 random artists have decimal values.
  • My favourite is probably also Fleet Foxes. Yeah, yeah, it's a cop-out to go with what's being ranked #1 by the experts. In my defense, I've listened to very few of the albums on here. 
  • Yes, I realize that this exact same thing has been done way better already, but you know what, screw those guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment