Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Xave's Xlog!

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

Right now, I'm in Peru, probably somewhere between Lake Titicaca and Arequipa. Actually, right now, it's December 14th and I just finished making study guides for my students for their upcoming tests. No, just kidding, right now it's the year 2183 and I just woke up from my cryogenic nap to re-calibrate my omega-level cyber-spleen.

Right, well whenever it is, the day on which this blog post is published happens to be the first birthday of Xave's Xlog. Even though I won't be (or wasn't (or am not)) available to publish this in real-time, the magic of the internet gives me the ability to write this ahead of time and set it to publish at the correct time in the future. Or the past. Or the meta-futurepresent.

It's been a great first year! In case you missed out on the early days, the blog was sort of a New Year's Resolution whose inception was inspired by the events of last New Year's Eve. By now I've celebrated at least 1 (and possibly hundreds) more New Year's Eves, and hopefully those stories will be coming soon.

The blog has seen over 100 posts, spanning a diverse range of topics including poop, dumpsters, and farts. Okay, seriously, it does get more diverse than that. Also, the blog has inspired a few recurring series', including Me Being An Idiot, excerpts from my Europe journal from a couple years ago, and (Colombian) Kids Say the Darndest Things.

Overall, I'm very proud of the blog, and never honestly thought it would last this long. I think calling it "not really a New Year's Resolution" was the key. Anyway, in 2010, the 4th decade in which I've been alive (isn't it weird how that works?), Xave's Xlog promises to be bigger and better than ever! I don't know what it means for a blog to be bigger.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Blog. All the best for twenty ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great blog, but where's 'Columbia Remix by Xave'?? It deserves a place on this site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the Peru series wraps up, maybe Colombia Remix can find a place up here!

    ReplyDelete