Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Taganga: The Trailer

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

You might have noticed a lack of blogging this weekend. You probably didn't, because you don't exist, since I'm talking to nobody. But anyway, whether you noticed or not, there was a lack of blogging this weekend. This is because I took off for the weekend, to a small village of about 5000 people called Taganga, which is very close to the much larger city of Santa Marta. Taganga is also right beside a National Park called Tayrona that is pretty famous around here.

The weekend was great, and I have much to tell/show about it. I think this whole week will be dedicated to blogging about various aspects of the weekend.

My idea was to have a sort of movie trailer ready for today, giving you a glimpse of what's in store for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, I forgot to upload the pictures on to my computer, and I don't have internet at home, so I have to post this before I leave school. So I'll just tell you some of the things you can look forward to this week, and I'll leave it up to you to imagine the accompanying images and deep voiced movie trailer dude.

"Xave was a normal guy. He worked 8 hours a day, paid his bills, and his pride and joy was a 5 foot tall, 1.5 foot-diameter, Hercules electric fan. Until one day, he went to... Taganga!

Taganga showed Xave a side of life he had never seen before. He stayed in a room with no air conditioning! He ate food! He walked... down the street! Now Xave's life is upside down, and he doesn't know if he can ever go back! All thanks to... Taganga!"

Seriously, though, I did these things:
  • snorkeled
  • ate a fish
  • met the coolest kid ever
  • wakeboarded
  • climbed a mountain on which there were no trails and many shrubberies
  • got a sun burn
  • took 6 different vehicles for 1 trip
  • fished
  • got in a fight with a cactus
  • took close up pictures of animals
  • bribed
  • saw a flaming torch juggling unicycle show that almost catastrophized
  • chased a bus around a highway clover leaf on foot
Does this sound like something you want to read about? If you answered YES or NO to the previous question, be sure to stay tuned for the rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. But honey, you PROMISED to wear sunscreen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. moooooommmm, not on my blog in front of my friiiieeeeennnnds

    ReplyDelete