Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

The School Part 2: The Peacocks

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

Yesterday I told you a little about the school I'm working at, and showed you some pictures. Today I've got some more, along with one of the strangest stories I've ever heard.... read on to find out more!


These dudes hang out beside the outdoor gym. Their cage is definitely not fully restricted: sometimes they can be seen walking around on the gym floor. Presumably this doesn't happen while P.E. class is happening, but it could make for some interesting versions of dodgeball.


I know this might be hard to believe, but animals make noise sometimes. I know, I didn't believe it either! Anyway, the gym (or "Polideportivo" - which translates to sports center) plays host to assemblies whenever we need a large space, and with the mini-zoo being right there, the speakers are often competing with the wildlife for the floor. Last time this happened, I took the liberty of translating:

"Dude, it is friggin hot out here! Look how many feathers I have! Not cool. Literally. Why does nobody ever hear me?! Every time you have one of these assemblies I feel like I'm on my last breath, and I scream as loud as I can, and time and time again, and nothing ever changes. Why? Why are you doing this to me?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????"

Poor guys. Just look at those sullen faces. Especially Esteban the turkey. (that's not his name, but it should be)


Okay, crazy story time. Ready?

Last year, the school had more animals than this. They also had peacocks! Seriously, how cool is that? You hop over to the gym for recess and there's a peacock wandering around. But then tragedy struck: a couple of the other animals, who I haven't shown you yet, ate the peacock. Who was the culprit? Only the following video knows...



By the way, no blogging for me this weekend, because uhhh.... I have no internet. Yes, that is the reason. Cough. Don't say cough, actually cough! And don't type your thoughts! Idiot. Oops. Okay, see you Monday. I didn't say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment