Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gotta Gripe

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

Sorry to subject you to this, but I have to complain.

I have this assignment due in my technology class tomorrow. I'm supposed to create an "analysis grid" and apply this analysis grid to 3 online learning activities in order to evaluate them.

Okay, first of all, I have no idea what an analysis grid is. Now, this could be my fault, because I missed the last class, but this is a fairly major assignment, which means the prof should have taught us what an analysis grid is at least 2 weeks in advance. Also, how is something as crucial as this not posted on the course website? This is a professor of TECHNOLOGY.

Second, this assignment is supposed to be 12 pages long. ?!???!?!?!!!!???!?!? I wrote an assignment for another course last week that had the same weight, and it was 2 pages double-spaced. Admittedly, that's a pretty short assignment, but I'll tell you what, I'm learning a hell of a lot more in that course. Making assignments 12 times longer does not translate into 12 times more learning. It doesn't work like that.

So after scouring the course website and my notes and the internet for a couple hours, I'm pissed off and giving up. I have a break from 10-1 tomorrow (technology class being at 1), and you know what? He's getting whatever I can come up with in those 3 hours minus the time it takes me to eat lunch. It won't include an analysis grid, and it will be closer to 3 pages. I guess I'll double-space it (that isn't specified on the assignment sheet). That'll at least bump it up to half of what he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment