Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Smorgasbord

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

It's 8:55 PM on Sunday night. I haven't thought out a blog post, but I didn't want to leave you guys in the dark, so I'm just going to write whatever comes to mind until 9:10, at which I'm going to drop everything and hit the publish button. Expect discontinuity and choppy grammar.
  • this is the last week of school before Christmas. The schedule is kind of weird: on Tuesday we have an early dismissal and then, I think, staff meetings all day.
  • On Wednesday we have another early dismissal, this time for a special event called Christmas Blaze. Last week, my boss, the secondary school principal Omar, asked me if I wanted to "participate" in Christmas Blaze. I enthusiastically replied that of course I would. Later, I found out "participate" actually meant "be one of the teachers kids pay money to throw pies at". Talk about lost in translation.
  • After Christmas Blaze, there is a secondary staff party or something.
  • I wanted to have parties in all my classes on Friday, but someone told me not to plan anything for Friday, cause there will probably be a whole school something. Or something. I dunno, nobody has mentioned even the first thing about it. Typical.
  • In addition to all these events, I scheduled tests for all my classes this week. I still haven't made the tests.
  • Also, I'm leaving for Peru on Saturday.
  • So this means, these are the things I have to do this week. 1) make 2 tests, actually probably more than that because I want the tests to be slightly different for each section. 2) make study guides for both grades. 3) mark the tests before the end of the week (2 of them are on Thursday). 4) mark all the other stuff I have to catch up on. 5) enter all my grades from the beginning of the trimester into Excel. 6) export all those marks on to Engrade, a website I use to show my students their grades online. 7) I'm sure I'm forgetting like 8 hundred million things.
  • And that's just the school stuff. Also: 8) plan/pack for Peru. I'll probably end up buying anything I need in Peru. 9) a secret project that I can't talk about but despite my inability to talk about it will nevertheless take up at least a couple hours. 10) once again, robably forgetting a lot and I just spelled probably robably but I don't have time to go back and change it even though it probably took more time to write this explanation and also look it's not that i'm complaining that i don't have any time, it's just that i imposed this deadline of 9:10 to write this blog post! what am i talkinga bout?
  • ok, 5 minutes left. Here's what I did this weekend:
  • Yesterday, I went with a co-worker, Karen (not the Karen I usually mention, Karen #2), to a music studio where her boyfriend's band was rehearsing. Their drummer was late so I got to sit in for a while, and it was a lot of fun. They play classic rock, a lot of Eric Clapton, and originals as well. I was very impressed - they're an excellent band. Apparently they won the Miche Rock Festival in 2008, and as a result went to a huge rock festival in Bogota. I went to the Miche Festival this year, which you can find in the blog archives, but the 15 minute nature of this post prevents me from linking to it cause it takes too long!
  • After that we went to a bar to see a friend-band of theirs, which was pretty good.
  • Oh man, 2 minutes left.
  • Today I went tot he beach with Karen and Elizabeth. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch, which wasn't actually all that leisurely, because the wind was seriously some of the most intense wind I've ever seen, and the entire second floor restaurant we were in was literally swaying. Karen's half full beer bottle fell over, knocking over her other bottle, which rolled to the edge and fell to the first floor (okay, I'm breaking my time limit for this one correction: by Karen's "other" beer bottle I mean her already empty one. We had a very long wait for our food. Karen is not an alcoholic.) . Also, later on I was sitting in our cabana while the ladies swam when I was surprised by a wave that not only made its way all the way up to the cabanas, but was KNEE DEEP, and swept all our shoes away. OH MAN 10 SECONDS LEFT OKAY PUBLISH POST NOW BLOG! SEEYA GUYS LA

No comments:

Post a Comment