Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Linky Friday

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

My Seattleite (is that the right word for someone from Seattle? I hope it is, because it's great, and if it is and I've heard it before I never realized it until now. It should be spelled Seatellite) colleague Karen blogged about a concert-show thing we went to. In the interest of efficiency, I won't be blogging about it, so just check hers out. Also, I already told you about our Thanksgiving dinner, but Karen's entry adds a couple of details and a couple more pictures.

Another colleague, Fathima the art teacher, started her own blog, and she's going to blog about art stuff she does in school, which sounds super-great! If that weren't incentive enough to check it out, I came up with the name for her blog, and even though she didn't get it at first (not being a native English speaker), and also even though it's ridiculous, she went with it! Joke's on her.

A few quick notes:

Last night I attended a choral competition that my co-worker Mario is participating in. It's a week-long contest - there was an opening show on Monday, I forget on Tuesday, then semi-finals on Wednesday and last night. There are 2 categories: little choir and big choir. Mario's group is in the little category, and it's a group of 8 guys who do all kinds of stuff - from baroque to barbershop. And they're really, really good. Like, this is purportedly a contest for best choir in Colombia, and I can believe it based on the level of the groups. Tonight is the final, which Mario's group is in, and I'll surely be in the audience.

Before that, though, there's a much-hyped soccer match between our school's staff and some sort of police school? Or... Police Academy? I'm not really sure. But hilarity could ensue. Also, apparently students are coming to watch it. I'm not sure how they found out about it, I thought it was just a low-key match between 2 schools. I better be on my A-game though.

Finally... I booked my Christmas ticket to Peru! I'll be there for 3 weeks, including a 5 day hike on the Inca Trail which ends in Macchu Pichu. Needless to say, There Will Be Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment