Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Minca in 10 Pictures

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

So I never really got around to blogging about my trip to Minka a couple weekends ago, even though I wrote a whole preview about it. I dunno, I think it was just a little daunting after setting the precedent of a whole week of blogging from my first weekend getaway to Taganga. Anyway, I thought I'd just pick 10 of my favourite pictures to semi-illustrate the story.

(for more on the Minka trip, check out K's coverage!)


We met a Colombian family at a coffee shop in Minca, and they offered us a ride much higher up into the mountains. I had a huge ass-bruise the next day.

I got a lot of great animal shots on the Taganga trip, but this was the only really good one this time around.

High up in the mountains there was a bird reserve. We saw this guy right after entering, which seemed promising, and then barely saw any more for the next 2 hours.

For mom and dad.

Cool mountain house.


Cool mountain mist.

A domesticated monkey. The funniest was when the father of the family we met was playing with it, the little girl of 2 or 3 was delighted, except when it came to close to her, and she burst into tears. This happened on an alternating basis for quite a while.

Cool mountain river.

Dude we found hanging out in our cabana the first night we stayed in Minca.

This is Chuzo, a popular dish around here. What you see are tiny crispy potato shavings, kind of like hickory sticks, covered with a couple of mayo-y sauces. Underneath lies pieces of yuca, a root that's kind of bland on its own, but provides a nice comic foil to the chorizo sausage (it can also come with chicken, beef or any combination of those 3 meats), lettuce and a ton of grated cheese. I actually think it's too much cheese, and next time I stop by my local food stand I'll ask them to hold back. (this picture has nothing to do with Minca, just thought I'd throw it up. The picture, not the food)

No comments:

Post a Comment