Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thoughts

Note - this blog is automatically imported into facebook, but unfortunately it loses some formatting in the process. Click here to visit the real thing.

Here are some thoughts for your Sunday evening.
  • I blogged ten times in February after blogging twenty-six times in January. This may make it seem like the blog is dying, but you know what, double digits isn't bad, and I made a late push, so I've got some good momentum right now. Also, as I explained in a January post, I never intended this to be a dailily updated blog. Finally, February has fewer days than January, so I think my posts/day actually didn't decrease at all. So stop whining!
  • This one's for the dudes. Don't you hate when a brand has like 9 different kinds of shampoo, and none of them are "normal"??! I was in Shopper's today, and Garnier Fructis was on sale, and consequently I spent like 7 minutes deciding between "sleek and shine", "ravishing curls", "insta-mohawk", and about a million other types. Eventually I went for "anti-dandruff", even though I don't have dandruff, since it seemed like the only option that would keep my hair normal. Unfortunately, I also had to settle for the fact that it's a combination shampoo-conditioner, and given that my hair is short enough not to warrant the use of conditioner, I feel like I'm getting less shampoo for my buck. Ultimately a disappointing experience.
  • Speaking of Shopper's Drug Mart, how much of a rip-off is the Optimum Card?! (well, I guess it's free so it can't technically be a rip-off, but I digress.) Seriously, I think I got mine in 1st year, so I've had it for over 4 years now, and I go to Shopper's almost every time I need toiletries, and sometimes when I need food, and I use my card every time I'm there (kudos to them for reminding me so consistently), and if I wanted to redeem my points I could get....... 10 bucks??!!? Oh yeah, and after buying shampoo and soap today, I gained 100 points.... which is 1/80 the number of points separating my current reward level from my next reward level! Great show of customer-appreciation there Shopper's.
  • I'm going to an Arrested Development party next week. The plan is for it to be AD-themed in as many ways as possible - costume, food, drink, decoration, you name it. It's been a long time in the making, so I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about my costume. For a while I thought I'd go as the guy with the fake freckles and orange hair who's in every Spanish language soap opera, and I also considered the literal doctor, but today I had a better idea: I'm going as Maggie Lyzer. Pros: it's an easy costume, I just need to stuff my shirt so it looks like I'm pregnant, and wear sunglasses. I'm even taking Maggie's lies one step further, as I'm pretending to be a woman. Also, it'll be really easy to stay in character, since I just have to lie all night.

1 comment:

  1. Shoulda gone for "sleek and shine." I think that's code for "normal". And don't you want to be sleek and shiny? Also, I hear that shampoo-conditioner leaves residue, although never having tried it I don't know from personal experience.

    I think if you go as Maggie you have to make out with Michael periodically. Have fun with that.

    ReplyDelete